The inspirational support tips are given to newly diagnosed cancer patients. The "From Us to You" cancer tips card was created by Carol G. Simon Cancer Center at Morristown Medical Center.The cancer center makes little gift packets for new patients with either a scarf, key chain or bookmark which are all made by previous patients. The card reads “From Us To You” and it has good tips for when a new cancer patient is starting treatment.
|"From Us to You" hope card for new cancer patients with support tips|
“From Us to You” Card Text:
Fellow cancer survivors offering tips of support to help you deal with the fears, confusion and anxiety you may be experiencing.
1. Develop a daily ritual of those things that give you comfort; comforting music, special people and meditation.
2. Gather a support team to assist with appointments, transportation, meals. Choose someone to communicate updates to family and friends.
3. Speak with a person who has had a similar diagnosis as you and has completed treatment. Contact organizations such as Cancer Hope Network and the American Cancer Society.
4. Use your iPod to record, access, or play guided imagery, music, or messages from family and friends.
5. Enroll in classes such as Successful Surgery or Guided Imagery for Radiation and Chemotherapy.
Live your life to the fullest and do what you want now and are able to do and keep your “to do’s” realistic. Don’t stop and just smell the flowers ~ stop and smell the rain, the morning dew, the evening fireflies. Trust in God and enjoy life.
|Inspirational gift package for new cancer patients|