Saturday, September 4, 2010

"Undaunted Me" Cancer Survivor Poem




The "Rainbow Cancer Angel" painting was donated in February 2009 to the Pasco Pinellas Cancer Center (PPCC)in New Port Richey, FL. Johnette Loefgren who was treated at PPCC was inspired to write this poem after seeing the painting and receiving a print from the nursing staff:




Undaunted Me:

I brought my atmosphere of doom

into the crowded waiting room

I hung my head and heaved a sigh

and tried my hardest not to cry.

Then I rose to get a drink

and something made me pause and think

An angel's words rang bright and true

and said what Cancer cannot do

No one told me that before

it opened up another door

to hope and strength and something new

I learned what Cancer cannot do

This in turn stirred up my soul

I'm me inside,untouched and whole

Do your worst ,I'll always be

In life or death,undaunted...ME!


-Johnette Loefgren

Holiday,FL



See more images and read about the donations to Pasco Pinellas Cancer Center. http://www.donnabellasangels.org/events/donations/pasco_pinellas/index.html




See the "Rainbow Cancer Angel" on the DonnaBellas Angels website. http://www.donnabellasangels.org/art/cancer_cannot/angel-rainbow.html







No comments:

Post a Comment